Monday, September 1, 2008

Atlanta -- Aug. 31, Day Minus-2

Not much to write today, although I did update my profile. Just want to give you something to read about me and hopefully establish some credibility. I really need to post a picture, too. The one I have up now is courtesy of AHI Travel, our hosts for the Italy's Magnificent Lake District. The shadowy figure in profile isn't me ... although it would be pretty cool if it was.

I updated my interests, too, but the blog program doesn't like parenthetical asides. It just wants a straight list: travel, sports, music, movies, television, hiking, kayaking, softball, bowling ... but that makes me sound boring, so I left it out.

I've pretty much strafed my friends with emails and calls letting them know I'm writing The Italian Job. By now, half of them probably hope I miss my flight back from Milan, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and one more fun technical tidbit ... the time stamps on this blog are set to Milan time, which is 6 hours ahead of Atlanta. I'm writing this just before midnight on Sunday. The post will say early Monday morning. Not even with a coffee IV could I write anything that early.