Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baveno -- Sept. 10, Day 8

I think I'm sad. But I think I'm even more tired.

I and about 12 other bleary-eyed travelers are awaiting the bus for the ride to Milan's Malpensa Airport. We should be back in Atlanta at about 4:00 p.m. EDT. It's 4:00 a.m. here in Italy.

The trip is over and to a person, it's been a wonderful success. Yes, I'm sad it's over ... I think I felt that more last night at the farewell. There is a big part of me that's looking forward to being home, though. And that's something a lot of us are feeling. (A couple of travelers are staying in Europe for a few more days ... they are hearty).

Anyway, I'll have more to write on the other side of the Atlantic. There are a lot of things I haven't had a chance to wrte about and I'll get to them in my blog debrief, which could last a couple days depending on my energy. And I'll have a lot of photos to post.

Gotta go ... the bus is awaiting!